Monday, June 30, 2008

Family Reunion/Vacation/Get together

Well I just returned from my family vaction in Durango, CO.. It was a blast and we ALL had such a great time... here is how it went down...

Wednesday- Kristin, Brandon, Zach and I wanted to suprise my parents and everyone else and go down there first.... and so that was great we left about 9 or so in the morning and started what is supposed to be the 6 or 7 hour drive down... Well after 5 stop of road construction.... getting gas.... some more road construction, an accident that closed both sides of the highway... we finally made it 9 hours later.... Needless to say we were VERY happy to get there!!!! So we got the trailor set up and about that time, My parents, brother and Kennedy showed up.... so we helped them set up their trailor and just hung out!!!

Thursday- Both my sisters families showed up and we had yummy breakfast and then took the kids swimming, and just hung out, especially because we told ourselves there were going to be NO trips into the Wal-Mart!!!

Friday- ALL the boys went fishing, so that left us girls and the kids back at the camp... we played and got dirty and swam, went for walks.... Then that night we ALL went to the Bar D for dinner and to watch the Bar D wranglers... They did some new songs and it was hilarious.... Jack probably enjoyed it the most!!!!

Saturday- It was time for girls day out.. And let me tell you it was an adventure.... Who would of thought that 5 ladies dressed in the same shirt would of caused such a riot on the streets of Durango... We let me tell you, we got every comment from "Oh did they have a sale on those shirts", to " Do you guys sing and dance?", to "Oh look triplets" (keep in mind that there were 5 of us"... Anyways-- we went to the Farmers Market, went into some fun shops and then had lunch at Tequilas.... After that we went back to the camp and it was boys against girls in Jungle Ball at the pool.... Needless to say the boys won, but I do have to say that we did give up a good fight.... We did try everything though from putting the shoe in our swimsuits to trying to cheat... but nothing worked... those boys are just to strong!!! but we will get you NEXT time boys!!! You are going down!!!

Sunday- It was pack up, get some free pancakes at the cafe... and say goodbye to my parents, and drive home... this time it only took us 6 hours and it was great... on the way home we did pass by some polygamist houses... it was creapy!!!! but I really wanted to see some of them!!!

Anyways- I love my family... I can't see to get enough of them and I had a great time!! And to let everyone know... we still are famous and the picture is still in the Mild to Wild Brochure of us rafting!!! Woohooo!!!

2 comments:

Daryl and Ashley said...

How fun! It looks like you had a great time!

Megan and Jon said...

Amanda you are always having fun. Who is Olivia in your slide show , she is a doll.

I'm soooo jealous of your weekend plans... Kenny,, (Sigh)