Friday, March 21, 2008

Tragic, tragic Week! and Rice comes to the Rescue

Well I have had a very tragic week here up in Logan..... And it ALL started on Tuesday!!! Well I was leaving work and I put my water bottle in my purse and walked downstairs to Pediatrics and by the time I walked down the stairs there was about an inch or 2 of water sitting in the bottom of my purse... and my phone AND digital camera were basically swimming! So I hurried and took all the contents of my purse out and dried everything as much as I could-- and while I was doing that all I hear is the sound my phone makes when its turning off.... So I was like "oh crap".... I dry it off and try to turn it back on and nothing.... so I take off the battery and dry more STILL nothing..Meanwhile I check my camera and its perfect-- turns on and takes pictures so that was good. So I just decided that I would go home and stick it in a bag of rice ( I have heard the rice will soak up all the water) so I did and to my avail-- IT WORKED!!!! So yay happy ending to one part.... So on Wednesday I get to work and needed to take a picture of something and brought out my camera and you guessed it.... It no worky! Ahh, crap is my first thought--- but I keep my composure and take out the batteries and memory card and think I will let it dry, and it will work.... Well all day I keep trying and nothing still does not work, so I even go as far to e-mail my mom to see where "Santa" got my camera so I can go buy a new one or something--- but I went home and put it in a bag of rice and waalaa-- IT WORKS!!! Rice who knew it was a miracle worker!!! Now everything is hunky dory and I am ready to snap pictures for Easter!!!

And to top it ALL off-- have you seen the price of gas these days???? $3.17 here-- thats alot of money!

3 comments:

Daryl and Ashley said...

Holy crap- Who knew that rice could be so handy! You are a bundle of information! Can't wait for lunch tommorow!

The Jessups said...

Amanda!! I'm so glad you found my blog. I now have a new blogging buddy. :)Looks like you're doing great up in Utah!! Hope all is well! And hope your fam is doing great, too!

Mommamort said...

I found your blog through Kristin's and I thought I would check it out. I loved your rice story. I am going to have to remember that. Thanks for watching out for Heidi over in Logan. Her progress is slow but I can see it so that is good. I hope she can get to know some others in your ward and make some friends. Thanks again. It means alot to me. Janet